Fixing the issue Msvbvm50.dll Missing error on Windows 10: Whenever you try to install or initiate a certain program on your Windows 10 PC, you may receive an error message that the file Msvbvm50.dll missing or not found from the PC. When the Windows 10 can’t find the Msvbvm50.dll file, which is located in C:\Windows\System\folder, then it shows the error message and also prevents some of the applications from either installing or working. These problems can happen anytime; ignoring them can lead you to further damage. So it will be good if you do the necessary as soon as you encounter such issues.
To find the solutions to How to fix Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error on Windows 10, first, you need to gather every possible knowledge about the problem.
What is Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error in Windows 10?
Msvbvm or rather ‘Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine’ is made to run the applications of the 32-bit operating system on the 64-bit operating system. As Msvbvm is considered as a Microsoft product, a file named msvbvm50.exe is available for download in the download center of Microsoft. It contains many files, among them, mcvbvm50.dll for windows 10 download in one.
You might need them on your Windows 10, the supplication you want to install requires msvbvm50.dll on the 64-bit system. Otherwise, you can finish the installation by setting up the wizard. Here you don’t need to do any other steps.
Now let’s take a look at how Msvbvm50.dll missing error on Windows 10 can be solved,
How to Fix Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error On Your System
Here We have shared 8 Solutions on How to fix Msvbvm50.dll missing error on Windows 10,8,7 or other system
1] Download Msvbvm50.dll File From Microsoft Center:
When you are facing the problem on your PC, that means the file is missing. Probably the easiest way is to download Msvbsv50.dll file for Windows 10. In the case of downloading this file, the site that Microsoft offers is most reliable.
Msvbvm50.dll for windows 10 download instructions:
- Open the Search bar by pressing Windows key on your keyboard
- Write dll in the search box
- Now, click on the search button
- Select the above-said file showing in results
- Click on the install button
You might see some other files like Oleaut32.dll or Olepro32.dll besides the msvbvm50.dll. You need to establish the self-extracting msvbvm50.exe in order to install the required file.
2] Running System File Checker
Even after you get the Msvbvm50.dll missing error, you may not be able to install or run some applications. It happens because of the corrupted file which can be cured by SFC or rather System File Checker.
To run SFC, follow the given steps
- Open Search Box by pressing Win key
- Write Command Prompt in the search box
- Click the Right Button on the result to run it as an administrator
- Now type and enter sfc/scannow
It will take some time to get finished. After this process, the corrupted files will be cured and the same goes for the msvbvm50.dll.
3] Updating All Drivers:
In the case of some driver corruption or discordancy, you need to check the driver’s condition. It can also avoid any kind of removal of files that are caused by device drivers.
Driver booster is best tool for updating drivers. It is an automated process which also saves time.
Follow the below steps to update the drivers:
- Download Driver booster from Microsoft official website
- Now install it on your Windows 10 computer
- Now restart the PC and then Hit the scan switch
- Click on update now
After all drivers update, check the msvbvm50.dll is missing or not.
4] Fix Msvbvm50.dll Missing Error Using Windows Updates
In spite of updating the drivers, you may need to update some patches for your Windows. The update can help your system to find out the msvbvm50.dll file.
Follow the given steps to update a Windows 10 PC:
- Click the Home button
- Go to the Settings You can also open it by pressing Win+I keys at a time.
- Then select settings and security.
- Click on Windows update
- Again, click on update now
Updating the system will help you to resolve the Msvbvm50.dll missing error.
These processes should cure your problem but if not then don’t worry! We have many more solutions for you.
Also, Check here Top 10 Ways to Fix Error Code 0x8000FFFF in Windows 10
5] Using the facility of System Restore can also be a resolution. You are advised to undo all recent changes that you have made in your system. If you get to know that you are facing the problem because of a misconfiguration then you should just go for the System Restore.
6] It’s also important to test the memory and hard drives. These are the most trusted elements for the cure for your problem. In case, if you notice anything then it will be best to change the memory and the drive. It will lessen the risk to a certain point.
To run a Windows Memory Test Follow the Steps,
- Click the Windows key and the R at the same time to open the Run Box
- Now enter mdsched.exe command. Just after clicking on the OK button, you will be redirected to the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Here, you need to select the first option
- It may take a while. Wait until it is finished completely. It will appear on your screen if there is anything wrong.
Similarly, Follow the process to test hard drives,
- Press Win+X+A keys together to access the Command Prompt Window as an administrator
- Now type chkdsk C: f/r and hit enter key.
- After completing the process successfully, Reboot your PC and see how it behaves.
7] A free registry cleaner can also be used to troubleshoot the issue msvbvm50.dll in windows 10. It will help you by removing some of the invalid entries that might cause the .dll error.
8] If nothing works out then you need to go for a clean installation. But before performing it, you must be aware of the fact that it will erase all your data from your PC. So it will be wise if you take a back up of everything before going for this step.
For backing up you can choose any external device or any third-party application of your choice. But choosing a third party application sometimes increases the chances of malfunctioning. If you face a problem later to access the saved data then it would be a bad experience for you. So before doing anything, it will be good to choose the best and secure option.
Follow the steps to reinstall,
- At first, download the MCT or rather Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website. It would be better if you download it on any external hard drive.
- After inserting the hard drive into your PC, change the boot order and then boot your PC from the hard drive.
- Apply on the install now switch to initiate the process.
- Then follow the instruction that is on your screen for a clean installation.
- After a clean and safe installation, your PC should cure the msvbvm50.dll missing
It is very irritating sometimes to face this msvbvm50.dll missing error. But we hope that our article has provided you with the knowledge to help yourself. These days self-help is more preferable than wasting time by visiting customer centers and service providers. It will save both your money and time.
Our motto is to fill you with sufficient knowledge so that you have to depend on no one. Still, if you are puzzled and unable to solve this error by following this DIY guide, then it would be better to visit your nearest service center as soon as possible.